These gorgeous button trees will be a crafting hit for kids and adults alike! My children love making these, not only to hang on our own tree, but they also make these as Christmas gifts for teachers and relatives!!!
Supplies you will need:
1) Arrange your buttons in a line, in order of size.
2) You will need to select and stack around 4-6 small buttons that are roughly the same width for the tree trunk.
3) You will need to then select around 6-10 mixed sized buttons and stack them largest to smallest for the tree top.
4) Cut a piece of beading wire at approximately 14 inches in length and fold it in half. Then thread the buttons you selected for you tree trunk onto the beading wire.
5) Thread the tree top beads, largest to smallest, on top of the trunk and tie a knot in the wire at the top to keep the buttons in place.
6) I like to tie a few more knots in the wire at the top of the tree to give the tree topper button a bit more give so it doesn't look 'flat'.
7) Thread your tree topper button onto the wire, and tie a knot at the top of the tree topper to keep it in place.
8) Tie a knot in the wire a couple of inches above the tree topper to make a ‘loop’ so you can hang in on the tree. Cut any excess wire away.
9) Congratulations! Your button tree is ready to hand on your real Christmas tree!!!! I think these trees look stunning, These are a few I made with my children to hang on our tree, my children also wanted to use butterfly beads as well of stars, which I think also look amazing!
Here at Digital Gems we understand that getting the perfect crafting materials, graphics, and fonts to use for your projects is very important! In our blog posts we may recommend companies that we use for crafting supplies, some of those links may be affiliate links. An affiliate links means we may get a small commission from any purchases you make from our recommendations at absolutely no extra cost to you!